GlobalProtect connection loss, plus "login returned unexpected argument value arg[19]=4"

I'm currently running OpenConnect 8.08, installed via the package
available in Debian testing.

Until a few days ago or so, I was running version 8.05, which was at
that time the latest available in Debian testing.

Prior to that (for at most a week at the end of March), I was apparently
running version 8.0.2, again installed via Debian testing.

I am connecting to a GlobalProtect VPN, and using that to RDP to a
Windows machine (via XFreeRDP), for eight hours or so a day. (You can
probably guess why.)

Prior to one of the version upgrades described above, I was able to
remain connected for the entire period, without significant issues. I
did not pay close enough attention to be certain which one, but I
believe it was the transition from 8.05 to 8.08.

After the upgrade, I appear to be seeing the connection drop every three
hours to the minute - although not quite to the second; it seems to be
something between 18 and ~45 seconds past the exact three-hour mark when
the drop happens. I haven't tried to get this in any more detail than
that, as of yet.

According to the log which I generate by appending openconnect's stdout
and (theoretically) stderr into a file, the "Tunnel timeout (rekey
interval" and "Idle timeout" are both 180 minutes, which is that three
hours.

Because of the way I initiate the connection and generate that log, I
don't actually know which of the messages in it come from normal
operation and which come "at the end" when the connection is dropping or
has dropped; I plan to copy the file out of the way for examination next
time the connection drops, but that isn't expected to be until tomorrow,
and depending on what's going on when the drop happens I may not be able
to spare the time.

Also starting after what I believe is the same upgrade, I have been
getting

> GlobalProtect login returned unexpected argument value arg[19]=4
> Please report 1 unexpected values above (of which 0 fatal) to <openconnect-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

on every connection. Whether this is related to the connection drops, or
merely a coincidence of the new version, I don't know.

I can't completely rule out that there may have been server-side
VPN-configuration changes around this same time. However, I'm in a
position such that it would make sense for me to have been notified if
any such changes were implemented, and I have not received any such
notification.

Anything I can do to help track this down? So far none of these
connection drops have been timed to be a practical problem, but at some
point one is going to come while I'm in the middle of a voice or even
video call across the VPN, and that's going to be noticeable.

If necessary, I can probably downgrade to 8.05 (including temporarily),
but that wouldn't be my first choice for a number of reasons.

(If this conversation is going to be longer than a small single-digit
number of messages back and forth, I'd probably prefer to subscribe than
to have a multiple-addressee reply list, but just initially I'm not
jumping through that hoop.)

--
   The Wanderer