Re: linux-6.2-rc4+ hangs on poweroff/reboot: Bisected

On 20/02/2023 05:35, Ben Skeggs wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 at 04:55, Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Well, I'd love to but a quick glance at the code caused me to bump into this obscenity:
>>>
>>> int
>>> gm200_flcn_reset_wait_mem_scrubbing(struct nvkm_falcon *falcon)
>>> {
>>>         nvkm_falcon_mask(falcon, 0x040, 0x00000000, 0x00000000);
>>>
>>>         if (nvkm_msec(falcon->owner->device, 10,
>>>                 if (!(nvkm_falcon_rd32(falcon, 0x10c) & 0x00000006))
>>>                         break;
>>>         ) < 0)
>>>                 return -ETIMEDOUT;
>>>
>>>         return 0;
>>> }
>>>
>>> nvkm_msec is #defined to nvkm_usec which in turn is #defined to nvkm_nsec where the loop that the break is related to
>>> appears
>>
>> I think someone who knows the code needs to look at this. What I can confirm is that after a freeze, I waited for 90
>> seconds for a timeout to occur, but it didn't.
> Hey,
>
> Are you able to try the attached patch for me please?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben.

Thanks Ben.

Yes, this patch fixes the lockup on reboot and poweroff that I've been seeing on my laptop. As you would expect,
offloaded rendering is still working and the discrete GPU is being powered on and off as required.

Thanks.

Reported-by: Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Tested-by: Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> .> Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]