Re: linux-6.2-rc4+ hangs on poweroff/reboot: Bisected

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 11:51 AM Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20/02/2023 05:35, Ben Skeggs wrote:

> >> I think someone who knows the code needs to look at this. What I can confirm is that after a freeze, I waited for 90
> >> seconds for a timeout to occur, but it didn't.
> > Hey,
> >
> > Are you able to try the attached patch for me please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben.
> >

> Thanks Ben.
>
> Yes, this patch fixes the lockup on reboot and poweroff that I've been seeing on my laptop. As you would expect,
> offloaded rendering is still working and the discrete GPU is being powered on and off as required.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Reported-by: Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Tested-by: Chris Clayton <chris2553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ben, did you manage to get push rights to drm-misc by now or should I
just pick the patch and push it through -fixes?

> >> .> Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]