Re: linux-6.2-rc4+ hangs on poweroff/reboot: Bisected

On 10.02.23 20:01, Karol Herbst wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 7:35 PM Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
> Leemhuis) <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 08.02.23 09:48, Chris Clayton wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm assuming  that we are not going to see a fix for this regression before 6.2 is released.
>>
>> Yeah, looks like it. That's unfortunate, but happens. But there is still
>> time to fix it and there is one thing I wonder:
>>
>> Did any of the nouveau developers look at the netconsole captures Chris
>> posted more than a week ago to check if they somehow help to track down
>> the root of this problem?
>
> I did now and I can't spot anything. I think at this point it would
> make sense to dump the active tasks/threads via sqsrq keys to see if
> any is in a weird state preventing the machine from shutting down.

Many thx for looking into it!

Ciao, Thorsten

>> Ciao, Thorsten (wearing his 'the Linux kernel's regression tracker' hat)
>> --
>> Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
>> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
>> If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.
>>
>>> Consequently, I've
>>> implemented a (very simple) workaround. All that happens is that in the (sysv) init script that starts and stops SDDM,
>>> the nouveau module is removed once SDDM is stopped. With that in place, my system no longer freezes on reboot or poweroff.
>>>
>>> Let me know if I can provide any additional diagnostics although, with the problem seemingly occurring so late in the
>>> shutdown process, I may need help on how to go about capturing.
>>>
>>> Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]