Re: NNTPC: spam confuses nntpcache

> I've discovered that the 1K buffers in xover.c and article.c
> are not adequate for spams :( I've increased MAX_LINE to 4K+1b
> accordingly.  So there is a new patch.  It also fixes some server
> sync problems with getbyid in CMDarticle.

Well, it is interesting to note that the RFC requires only 512 char
lines!

> Unfortunately, in the process of fixing the latter, I got a
> "Memory currupt" (sic) message (from hisGet I think).  Trying

"Memory currupt" is generated by the mmalloc code, when it
detects curruption of some of its internal pointers.

> Has anyone looked for bugs in the history code recently?

No, but look at the TODO ;)

> PS I can't seem to get SIGHUP working, is anybody else able to?

I thought I had removed reference to this in the documentation. SIGHUP
processing has been removed, because nntpcache changes it's uid from
root permanently not long after it is invoked and as a result it is
not possible for the process to re-configure itself.

--
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely  exercised for the good of its victims
 may be the most  oppressive.  It may be better to live under  robber barons