spam confuses nntpcache

I've discovered that the 1K buffers in xover.c and article.c
are not adequate for spams :( I've increased MAX_LINE to 4K+1b
accordingly.  So there is a new patch.  It also fixes some server
sync problems with getbyid in CMDarticle.

It's at
	ftp://greathan.apana.org.au/pub/nntpcaches/nntpcache-0.92.8UL-1.patch
It applies to a fresh 0.92.8UL source.

Unfortunately, in the process of fixing the latter, I got a
"Memory currupt" (sic) message (from hisGet I think).  Trying
to gdb it gave me a SIGPIPE, and subsequently a 16M core :)
(I've had a couple of those before, now I know why)

I could easily reproduce it by doing the following

1. Enter a group on server A (default) that also exists on server B.
2. Trying getbyid an article that only exists on server B.
3. Repeat 2 once and I get a "Memory currupt".

When trying to gdb, during step 2, hisGet returns the right thing.
But in step 3 hisGet returns 0, and then causes a SIGPIPE.

Has anyone looked for bugs in the history code recently?

PS I can't seem to get SIGHUP working, is anybody else able to?

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>