Re: NNTPC: Couple of problems with nntpcache .8

> Firstly you did remove your xover files didn't you?

Yes.  I removed the entire cache directory!

> Can you try something like:
> 	1. Disable outside access to your server first, i.e.
> 	   only you have the access.

No problem.  I haven't even told anyone about it yet...

> 	2. Find a group where this problem occurs.

comp.os.linux.development.system

> 	3. Telnet to the server with whatever port you set nntpcached to sue
> 	4. Try to reproduce the problem by first "GROUP ...",
> 	   then do a few "ARTICLE ..."s.
> 	5. If this is totally reproducible, then try remove all the cache
> 	   files in that group's directory.
> 	6. Now tell me if it still happens or not.

I can't reproduce it this way.  But I can still reproduce it with
microsoft's internet news reader and with netscape 3.0 (win95).
Winvn runs for a while and GPF's and the venerable trumpet newsreader
for windows just fails completely.

Are you interested in the syslog entries from the various failures
via the newsreaders?

Tim Krantz(rek@dsinc.com)