Re: NNTPC: Couple of problems with nntpcache .8

Tim Krantz wrote:
> > 	3. Telnet to the server with whatever port you set nntpcached to sue
> > 	4. Try to reproduce the problem by first "GROUP ...",
> > 	   then do a few "ARTICLE ..."s.
> > 	5. If this is totally reproducible, then try remove all the cache
> > 	   files in that group's directory.
> > 	6. Now tell me if it still happens or not.
>
> I can't reproduce it this way.  But I can still reproduce it with
> microsoft's internet news reader and with netscape 3.0 (win95).
> Winvn runs for a while and GPF's and the venerable trumpet newsreader
> for windows just fails completely.
>
> Are you interested in the syslog entries from the various failures
> via the newsreaders?

Well, you see nntpcached is supposed to log everything the newsreader
tells it, so you should be able to just type the stuff that the newsreader
sent to nntpcached and reproduce this problem.  But send me the syslog
entries anyway with the corresponding servers entries.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>