Re: NNTPC: active file confusion

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Jeffrey Veiss wrote:

> It seems that the active file data (I assume is stored in memory) is out of
> date.  What is the best way to keep this data up to date?  I have the

  It should happen automatically as set by the Active time-to-live value
in the nntpcache.servers file.

  I'd check the web interface and look for active file rebuild
failures.  This interface will also show you the last sucessful active
file transfer.

  If nntpcache fails to transfer the active file, it has to use old info.
The new nntpcache 2.3.3 betas are a little better with old info.

Tom