Re: some questions about dma api

Hi...

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 22:56, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks for your explanation, btw I saw the document you wrote on full circle.
> It's GREAT~~

Thanks...don't hesitate to criticize it if you found any weaknesses...
I am not that good when it comes to memory management.

> There 5 Dmas on my embedded system and I try to implement the Kernel
> Api for them to use.
> But I have no idea what are they used for ?
> after reading the dma-api.txt.
> 1. It seems some function used for memory coherent, other are no, such us
>  :)
> 2. "dma map ops " I have no idea what it is used for? I have grep the
> src, and it seems only x86 implement it.
> appreciate your help,

Now that makes me a bit dizzy too. So, looking at your case here,
there is a chance it's not named "DMA", but something else but still
represent same thing: head-to-head data transfer without CPU
intervention (only at operation setup, I guess).

You really need to consult to embedded guys on more focused mailing list.

NB: dma ops...I think it's a struct that represents common DMA
operation such as read, write and so on (scatter gather? is it
possible in DMA?)...or perhaps I/O mapping too.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant