Re: some questions about dma api

hi:

2010/9/6 Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi...
>
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 22:56, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> thanks for your explanation, btw I saw the document you wrote on full circle.
>> It's GREAT~~
>
> Thanks...don't hesitate to criticize it if you found any weaknesses...
> I am not that good when it comes to memory management.
>
>> There 5 Dmas on my embedded system and I try to implement the Kernel
>> Api for them to use.
>> But I have no idea what are they used for ?
>> after reading the dma-api.txt.
>> 1. It seems some function used for memory coherent, other are no, such us
>>  :)
>> 2. "dma map ops " I have no idea what it is used for? I have grep the
>> src, and it seems only x86 implement it.
>> appreciate your help,
>
> Now that makes me a bit dizzy too. So, looking at your case here,
> there is a chance it's not named "DMA", but something else but still
> represent same thing: head-to-head data transfer without CPU
> intervention (only at operation setup, I guess).
>
> You really need to consult to embedded guys on more focused mailing list.
>
> NB: dma ops...I think it's a struct that represents common DMA
> operation such as read, write and so on (scatter gather? is it
> possible in DMA?)...or perhaps I/O mapping too.
I will and thanks for your kind help.
BTW, I know it is the not question meet the topic.
Why I use kgdb for debugging, I cannot p/x para1, the content of para1
cannot be seem from gdb console.
But some global variable can be seen by gdb.
I google this proble and it say I need to make sure some "frame
options" should be included while compiling the  kernel.
I follow the instructions but I still cannot see the value of the parameter.
did I miss something or is it originally impossible to see the value in kernel.
Appreciate your kind and selfless help,
miloody