Re: How to set up a debugging environment.

hi:

2010/3/8 Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi...
>
> You forgot to Cc: to the mailing list....please keep kernelnewbies intact...
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM, become who you are born to be....
> Chaitannya mahatme <chaitannya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>
>> Actually after a few hours of trying I figured out this, but got this error
>> message "During startup program terminated with signal SIGKILL."
>
> When did you see such message? During system boot inside Qemu?
>
>> Can some please explain me what has to be done.
>> Also 1 more thing, I have heard that kgdb has been a part of mainline
>> kernel. If so how to validate that?
>
> Simply check your kernel config. You should see something like below
> if your kernel has kgdb:
> $ grep -i kgdb /usr/src/kernels/linux-2.6.32/.config
> CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_KGDB=y
> # CONFIG_KGDB is not set

sorry for interrupting your conversation :)
I recently try to use kgdb to debug kernel.
my questions are:
1. there are 2 uart under my plarform, I intent to let one for console
one for kgdb.
    how coudl I tell kernel which one is for console and which one is for kgdb?
2. do I need to compile my kernel with any additionally CFLAG ?
appreciate your help,
miloody