Fixed quantum scheduling

Hi all,

I have a set of N processes and would like them to be scheduled such
that each process gets only a fixed time slice (that can be set) and
nothing more than it.  I read through the documentation of Completely
Fair Scheduler/Round Robin scheduling and resource limitation using
cgroups, but all of them seem to be giving a "min guarantee" to
running processes.  i.e., if I have 4 processes, out of which 2 are
idle, the remaining 2 get exactly 50% of the CPU.  But I do not want
this.. even if two processes are idle, I would like the remaining 2 to
get only 25% of the CPU time and idle-wait the remaining time (a
max-limit, rather than a min-guarantee).

I came across cpulimit that does precisely what I need.  I am
wondering if there's a linux scheduler that does the same, to avoid
overheads.  I also came across a webpage (I am not able to find it
now) that talked something on the lines of setting the scheduling
epoch interval and timeslice quanta to a set of processes.  I believe
this abstraction would also be useful (i.e., processes 1--500 each get
1ms time in an epoch lasting 1s; the remaining 500ms is used for the
kernel and other tasks).

Thanks,
--
Vimal