device driver debugging : help required

hi list,

I am doing some trial related to device driver programming.
During one such trial, my test node is getting rebooted.
I am using netconsole to observe messages. Now, generally we get some
oops messages
related to either NULL pointer reference OR CPU stuck or any other reason.
But, i am not getting any messages, but my test-node is getting reboot.

Now, my question is how to diagnose this problem ? Any tools/utilities
available which can
be helpful ?

I am interesting in knowing reason/problem, then only i can fix it.

Any link/reference will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogeshwar