User Level Threads implementation by Linux kernel

Hi all,

Currently I'm going through book 'development of Linux kernel' by Robert Love.
In the chapter 'Process  Management' I read below sentence
"Linux has a unique implementation of threads: It does not differentiate between threads and processes. To Linux, a thread is just a special kind of process."
In kernel everything is a just task represented by  task_struct

And from some other sources I understand that there is a one-one mapping between threads created by library API and kernel threads.

Now my questions are :
1. I have Program  and I've created two threads say T1 and T2 using Posix Thread Library. see below
    void* function2()
{
   while(1)
   {
        printf("I'm Thread 2\n");
        sleep(1);
   }
}
void* function1()
{
        printf("I'm Thread 1\n");
        char buf[1024];
        read(1,buf,1023);             // Thread 1 will block here
}
int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{

 pthread_t pid1,pid2;
 pthread_create(&pid1,NULL,function1,NULL);
 pthread_create(&pid2,NULL,function2,NULL);
 while(1)
 {
        printf("I'm Main Thread\n");
        sleep(1);
 }
}

According my understanding there will be three tasks will be created in the kernel after I ran this program. One is for main process say P and other two for T1 and T2.
And T1 & T2 share the address space of P. Is my understanding is correct?

2.Regarding the scheduling.
    Upon running the above program , the output is:
    I'm Main Thread
    I'm Thread 1
    I'm Thread 2
    I'm Main Thread
    I'm Thread 2
    I'm Main Thread
    I'm Thread 2
    I'm Main Thread
    I'm Thread 2
    I'm Main Thread
    I'm Thread 2
    Though Thread  1 is blocked Main Thread  and Thread 2 are still running.
     That means different user-level threads are scheduled by kernel separately.Is this correct ?
     If this is correct how time slices will be allocated?

   Do please some body clarify my questions  and also provide some good links as references

   Thank you all

Regards,
Ravikumar