accessing per-cpu variables from gdb

I am having some trouble accessing 'current' to get the currently
executing task in kgdb (x86_64).

As current is a macro, I can't expand it in kgdb, so instead I'm
trying to access the variable per_cpu__current_task inorder to get the
task_struct for the currently executing task. But the memory address
of this variable is 0xb000 (which kgdb cannot access) so I'm guessing
each CPU has an offset stored somewhere to which if I add 0xb000 would
give me the actual address of per_cpu__current_task for that CPU? Any
idea where I could find this per-cpu offset?

I'm thinking of having a function return current and call that from
gdb but that's extra code and is ugly.
Is there an easier way to access 'current' from the debugger?

Thanks,
-Joel