Re: write access needed for ro mount, ext3

Hi Ozan...

2010/1/17 Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> hi all,
>
> there were a some talk about how write access is needed for ro mount
> ext3. however unlike
> the guy called it bad design and such, i like to know why. where it
> comes from, why it is so.

I'm not the best guy to help you shed a light on this, but personally
I agree with one of the poster there:

"Because ext3 is a journalling f/s, and you have a dirty journal.
Without the journal committed you have (potentially) files that have
been updated, but the updates haven't actually been written back to
the file. I'd suggest you mount it for update - after it (hopefully
successfully) runs the journal, remount as ro"

So in other word, if he had clean filesystem, very much likely, the
directly.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa