Re: Process, Lightweight Process and Thread

Yes,

Thank you for helping me to understand the idea and concept. Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Daniel (Youngwhan) Song

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Daniel....

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Daniel (Youngwhan) Song
<breadncup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, Mulyadi, now, I could understand about NPTL implementation and
> lightweight process concept.

Glad you make it.... :)

> One thing I want to check is that it looks that the system call, clone()
> eventually calls do_fork() in fork.c
> (http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.32/kernel/fork.c#L1375) which is the last
> stage of the creation of thread.
>
> So, it looks like fork(), vfork(), and clone() system calls through
> sys_fork(), sys_vfork(), sys_clone(), and they are eventually calls
> do_fork().

I can not check it right now, so I leave that to your own finding. The
basics is the same though, there is one fundamental function whose job
is create thread....then it called by many different wrapper with
different set of flags. I guess you already got this idea.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant