Re: LTIB missing packages

Niamathullah sharief wrote:
yes i fixed that problem. BUT i am getting a new error after saving the configuration.
 This is the error

*ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$ ./ltib -c
+ '[' -n '' ']'
+ '[' -f /home/ariem/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib/config/.config ']' + cat /home/ariem/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib/config/.config
+ perl -ne 'print if m,^CONFIG_(?!PCF),'
+ '[' '!' -f config/platform/imx/.config -a -f config/platform/imx/defconfig ']'
+ '[' -n '' ']'
+ cd config/platform/imx
+ mconf main.lkc .config
../../userspace/packages.lkc:1677:warning: enable is only allowed with boolean and tristate symbols ../../userspace/packages.lkc:3205:warning: enable is only allowed with boolean and tristate symbols

*** End of configuration.
*** Check the top-level Makefile for additional configuration options.

+ cp .config defconfig.dev

Processing platform: Freescale iMX51 Based Boards
using config/platform/imx/.config
SYSCFG_RAM_DIRS has changed, sysconfig-mx needs a rebuild

Processing: fake-provides
===========================

Processing: u-boot
====================
Build path taken because: no prebuilt rpm,
Testing network connectivity
OK GPP:

Try u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2.md5 from the GPP
http://bitshrine.org/gpp/u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2.md5:
09:52:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Try u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2 from the GPP
http://bitshrine.org/gpp/u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2:
09:52:03 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Can't get: u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2 at ./ltib line 790.

f_buildrpms() returned an error, exiting
traceback:
main:560

Started: Thu Dec 24 09:51:55 2009
Ended: Thu Dec 24 09:52:03 2009
Elapsed: 8 seconds

These packages failed to build:
u-boot

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt
ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$*

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Microbit_Ubuntu <microbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:microbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 17:38 +0530, Niamathullah sharief wrote:
     > Yes now i am getting diffenert error messages
     >

> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
    ./ltib

     >         I ran the command: sudo -S -l which returned:
     >
     >         [sudo] password for ariem:
     >
     >         This means you don't have sudo permission to execute rpm
     >         commands as root
     >         without a password. This is needed for this build script to
     >         operate correctly.
     >
     >         To configure this, as root using the command
     >         "/usr/sbin/visudo",
     >         and add the following line in the User privilege section:
     >
     >         ariem ALL =
     >         NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm
     >
     >         traceback:
     >         main::check_sudo_setup:2444
     >         main::host_checks:1401
     >         main:542
     >

     >         Started: Wed Dec 23 16:55:38 2009
     >         Ended: Wed Dec 23 16:55:45 2009
     >         Elapsed: 7 seconds
     >

     >         Build Failed
     >
     >         Exiting on error or interrupt
> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
     >

     > After that when i tried to copy tat line into sudeors file. But i am
     > getting an error while opeing that file
     >

> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
    sudo visudo
     >         [sudo] password for ariem:
     >         visudo: /etc/sudoers busy, try again later
> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
    cd ltib/

     > Now i am confused. Please some one help me
     >

     > On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Microbit_Ubuntu
     > <microbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:microbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
     >         Hi,
     >
     >         On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 14:54 +0530, Niamathullah sharief
    wrote:
     >         >
     >         > Hello, I am trying to install gstreamer codec in IMX51
     >         board. for that
     >         > i downloaded onr document from website. I folloed the steps
     >         accourding
     >         > to that document. In that when i tried to install LTIB by
     >         giving
     >         > command ./ltib. It is not working. All other things are
     >         fine. I copies
     >         > all the things in /opt and i replaced the spec files.
    Now my
     >         error is
     >         >
     >         >
> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
    ./ltib
     >         > sh: tclsh: command not found
     >         >
     >         > ltib cannot be run because one or more of the host packages
     >         needed to
     >         > run it
     >         > are either missing or out of date or not in ltib's standard
     >         path.
     >         > Please
     >         > install/upgrade these packages on your host. If you have
     >         your own
     >         > utilities
     >         > in non-standard paths, please add an entry into the .ltibrc
     >         file for
     >         > example:
     >         >
     >         > %path_std
     >         >
    /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/my/own/exes
     >         >
     >         > Package Minimum ver Installed info
     >         > ------- ----------- ---------------
     >         > zlib-devel 0 not installed
     >         > rpm 0 not installed
     >         > rpm-build 0 not installed
     >         > m4 0 not installed
     >         > bison 0 not installed
     >         > tcl 0 not installed
     >         >
     >         > Died at ./ltib line 1397.
     >         > traceback:
     >         > main::host_checks:1397
     >         > main:542
     >         >
     >         >
     >         > Started: Tue Dec 22 18:54:26 2009
     >         > Ended: Tue Dec 22 18:54:27 2009
     >         > Elapsed: 1 seconds
     >         >
     >         >
     >         > Build Failed
     >         >
     >         > Exiting on error or interrupt
     >         >
> ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
     >         >
     >         > Can anyone help me. what will be problem
     >

     >         I can't be too sure, not familiar with that LTIB package, but
     >         you do
     >         have some very important (I presume host) packages missing.
     >         eg. bison and tcl. A sudo apt-get install <package> or some
     >         such can get
     >         you that. Also, the zlib package is for compression utilities
     >         IIRC, and
     >         is important as well. (well, they all are I guess).
     >
     >         I don't know what exactly is only needed for running on your
     >         host, and
     >         which is needed on source to run on your target (or/as well).
     >
     >         I'm confused though, the de facto standard frequently
    seems to
     >         be to do
     >         a ./configure on your host followed by a make and/or make
     >         install.
     >         Are you sure you have the proper procedures to build ?
     >         You must first fix those missing packages for scripting
    et al.
     >         (it sounds like you'll need other stuff too, like for
     >         automaking etc).
     >
     >         HTH
     >

     >         --
     >         Best regards,
     >         Kris
     >

     >         --

    I'm about to log off, long day of coding - but a quick pointer might
    help, I'm a newbie myself though.

    The use of 'sudo' is not as a standalone command. You use it before a
    command (for example) that you normally don't have permission for.
    So, if you're logged in as "ariem", you're obviously not a super user.
    (In other words, you can't just follow sudo by command switches, you
    first must have a valid execution before your switches/options)

    Say you'll install the bison package or whatever, as a simple example.
    I'm not sure which flavour of linux you're on with host. I'm on Ubuntu
    9.10, so Debian land.

    If you would type :
    apt-get install bison
    you might get a rude message.

    Becoming su fixes all those things like so :

    sudo apt-get install bison

    Just a simple example, but remember that sudo must be *followed* by some
    command or some such. You'll be prompted for your own password the first
    time.
    There's better ways to handle these things, but it's a simple get out of
    jail card.

    I'm sure the resident gurus can elaborate here if needed, but this is
    all very basic stuff.

    You should get a Linux Bible or some such - get reading... fun fun.

    HTH
    --
    Best regards,
    Kris

Hi,

When building ltib if the package is not found in the cd/iso it will check the net. here it is searching for the u-boot in the http://bitshrine.org/gpp/u-boot-v2009.01-imx_4.5.1.tar.bz2

but the package is not found in the location. you can verify this by pasting the link in the browser, it says page not found.

If you don't really need the u-boot to be built then remove the u-boot from the ltib.

use ./ltib -c to configure the ltib and un check the u-boot. the same applies to any package if same error occurs

--
Regards,
Mohamed Thalib H