Re: LTIB missing packages

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 17:38 +0530, Niamathullah sharief wrote:
> Yes now i am getting diffenert error messages
>

>         ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$ ./ltib
>
>         I ran the command: sudo -S -l which returned:
>
>         [sudo] password for ariem:
>
>         This means you don't have sudo permission to execute rpm
>         commands as root
>         without a password. This is needed for this build script to
>         operate correctly.
>
>         To configure this, as root using the command
>         "/usr/sbin/visudo",
>         and add the following line in the User privilege section:
>
>         ariem ALL =
>         NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm
>
>         traceback:
>         main::check_sudo_setup:2444
>         main::host_checks:1401
>         main:542
>

>         Started: Wed Dec 23 16:55:38 2009
>         Ended: Wed Dec 23 16:55:45 2009
>         Elapsed: 7 seconds
>

>         Build Failed
>
>         Exiting on error or interrupt
>         ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
>

> After that when i tried to copy tat line into sudeors file. But i am
> getting an error while opeing that file
>

>         ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$ sudo visudo
>         [sudo] password for ariem:
>         visudo: /etc/sudoers busy, try again later
>         ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$ cd ltib/
>

> Now i am confused. Please some one help me
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Microbit_Ubuntu
> <microbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 14:54 +0530, Niamathullah sharief wrote:
>         >
>         > Hello, I am trying to install gstreamer codec in IMX51
>         board. for that
>         > i downloaded onr document from website. I folloed the steps
>         accourding
>         > to that document. In that when i tried to install LTIB by
>         giving
>         > command ./ltib. It is not working. All other things are
>         fine. I copies
>         > all the things in /opt and i replaced the spec files. Now my
>         error is
>         >
>         >
>         ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$ ./ltib
>         > sh: tclsh: command not found
>         >
>         > ltib cannot be run because one or more of the host packages
>         needed to
>         > run it
>         > are either missing or out of date or not in ltib's standard
>         path.
>         > Please
>         > install/upgrade these packages on your host. If you have
>         your own
>         > utilities
>         > in non-standard paths, please add an entry into the .ltibrc
>         file for
>         > example:
> [...]

I'm about to log off, long day of coding - but a quick pointer might
help, I'm a newbie myself though.

The use of 'sudo' is not as a standalone command. You use it before a
command (for example) that you normally don't have permission for.
So, if you're logged in as "ariem", you're obviously not a super user.
(In other words, you can't just follow sudo by command switches, you
first must have a valid execution before your switches/options)

Say you'll install the bison package or whatever, as a simple example.
I'm not sure which flavour of linux you're on with host. I'm on Ubuntu
9.10, so Debian land.

If you would type :
apt-get install bison
you might get a rude message.

Becoming su fixes all those things like so :

sudo apt-get install bison

Just a simple example, but remember that sudo must be *followed* by some
command or some such. You'll be prompted for your own password the first
time.
There's better ways to handle these things, but it's a simple get out of
jail card.

I'm sure the resident gurus can elaborate here if needed, but this is
all very basic stuff.

You should get a Linux Bible or some such - get reading... fun fun.

HTH
--
Best regards,
Kris