Re: Checking Installed library

Hi Rishi,

I am using this particular line:

AC_CHECK_LIB(xml2,xmlParseFile,,AC_MSG_ERROR(oops! no function xmlParseFile function in xml?!?),) in my configure.in for autoconf

It should work fine for you in most of the cases. But I really doubt if this the best possible way to achieve what you want.

But I really wonder why autoconf doesn't adds a check for libraries that you use in you sources.

Neways, I would suggest you that you post the exact steps that you are trying to provide others with a better picture of what you goal is and how you are trying to achieve it.

The use of macro is

AC_CHECK_LIB : Checks whether a function exists in the given library (library names without the leading lib, e.g., for libxml, use just xml here)

It seems that it is not path dependant.

Yes, this not path dependent. And should work fine for all the cases.