Re: Checking Installed library

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Rishi
Agrawal<rishi.b.agrawal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Rishi Agrawal <rishi.b.agrawal@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
>> <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Please don't do top posting...
>>>
>>> Although it's OOT, I can help a bit. IMO, you can directly check
>>> /usr/lib or parse /etc/ld.so.conf and so on to find the related DSO
>>> and header files. However, doing that will require more time and
>>> probably not portable across system, in fact it's kinda reinventing
>>> the wheel.
>>>
>>> So, I personally suggest to adopt autoconfigure.
>>>
>>> --
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Mulyadi Santosa
>>> Freelance Linux trainer
>>> blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
>>

>> I will have a detailed look at the autoconfigure utility and see.
>>
>> Thanks for all the help.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Rishi B. Agrawal
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/rishibagrawal
>> http://code.google.com/p/fscops/
>

> I have used it and it is working very good.
>
> I wanted to know that
>
> How to check the presence of libxml2 library using autoconfigure ?

First link in google.

http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.0/doc/tutorial_autoconf.html

Thanks -
Manish

--
Thanks -
Manish

Actually I tried using that information earlier but somehow it did not work.

Currently I am using a macro which checks wether a function is present in the mentioned library.

like printf can be checked in libc

I used a function "xmlParsefile" and "libxml2" library and this works fine.
The logic behind this is that when the function is present in the library then the library is also present on the system (is it correct ??)