Re: external VGA kernel detection

Let's just assume kernel logs:

well....for rare event, normally logging should go to dmesg.   (just
enter "dmesg" at the command line).

But for very frequent logging, like that of firewall logs, there is
something called ulogd logging.   (also in /var/log/ulogd.log)

For graphics, a lot of it has been pushed to userspace....so X logs
should be the right place to look.   Other than these I am not aware
of any other possibilities:-).

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh