Re: How to find my usb storage device mount point

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Le Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:34:39 +0530,
ravikumar <ravikumar.vallabhu@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I think i may not properly communicated my requirement or  people
wont understand my requirement.

My requirement is simply detect usb storage device plugged into PC
and notify any files are transfered(not data transfer, i need file
names) .

Use D-Bus to get notified by HAL of USB storage devices insertion and
removal. It takes a few lines of Python code, or slightly more lines of
C code. An example is here [1].

Done the detection part by looking /proc/bus/usb/devices file.
Then, to detect the file transfer, use inotify. It also can be used
from Python, thanks to [2].

For inotify ,i need to provide the the file/directory to be watched. I wanted to provide usb device mount point as a input inotify, so that it can monitor.
My question is how can i get the mount point. I can get using df command, for that i need device file to which my storage device atatched.
Sincerly,

Thomas

[1]
http://friky.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/friky/friky2/trunk/friky2/usbkey.py?revision=138&view=markup