Re: How to find my usb storage device mount point

Le Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:34:39 +0530,
ravikumar <ravikumar.vallabhu@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I think i may not properly communicated my requirement or  people
> wont understand my requirement.
>
> My requirement is simply detect usb storage device plugged into PC
> and notify any files are transfered(not data transfer, i need file
> names) .

Use D-Bus to get notified by HAL of USB storage devices insertion and
removal. It takes a few lines of Python code, or slightly more lines of
C code. An example is here [1].

Then, to detect the file transfer, use inotify. It also can be used
from Python, thanks to [2].

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1]