Re: How to find my usb storage device mount point

I think i may not properly communicated my requirement or  people wont understand my requirement.

My requirement is simply detect usb storage device plugged into PC and notify any files are transfered(not data transfer, i need file names) .

I knew syslod and dmesg command will give newly plugged in devices and device file system into to which it is attached.

As syslod and dmesg will provide whole system activity, i don't need all those, just usb storage device that just plugged in now.

Detection will be done using /proc/bus/usb/device file.  After detection i need notify file transfers, this can be done using inotify if i know the mount point.
As i don't want to use syslogd messages and dmesg command, i asked in this forum is there any way to find out device to which my usb storage is attached.
I did search in google  how these syslogd and dmesg will ftech these info. I did not get proper information.

Using the information in the /proc/bus/usb/device file can i get the device to which usb storage is attached ?
Or if any body knew how dmesg or syslogd will fetch the information about plugged in usb storage devices.

Regards,
Ravikumar.

ravikumar wrote:
Please help me for the following project
V.Ravikumar wrote:
I want implement following project: Detecting files transfered from/to
usb storage from/to my  system.
I can detect the plugged in usd storage device through
/proc/bus/usb/devices,but detectioon is not enough,i need to find what
are files transfered from/to usb storage device.(using usbmon i cant
find the file names that are transfered from/to usb storage device).

What i'm thinking is if i'm able to find out the mount point, then i
can use the inotify to monitor this mount point, so that i can detect
files transfers.

Please help me to implement my project.

Regards,
Ravikumar