Re: triggering dhcp from a network driver

On 4/20/07, Cristian Zamfir <zamf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because you are not allowed to do so once the domU has announced the
> IP it intends to use. Can we change it from dom0 Cristian?

Well, changing it from dom0 is what I would like to do, I just am not
sure how to pass it domU. The initial network configuration for domU is
passed as a kernel command line parameter but once the domU is up and
running, some other way to change the network configuration is needed.

Well i guess you can then just set up a grant table pertaining to IP
address between domU and dom0. In this way both can change the IP
address on the fly and annouce to each other using event channels.
I guess this is feasible, with my limited knowledge on Xen.
Please CMIIW.

~psr

>> This is also useful for a VM that is live migrating across different
>> subnets and needs to be signalled in order to acquire a new network
>> address post migration.
> Put live migration support is still immature in Xen i guess.Are you
> working on improving it? :)

In fact it is quite stable for paravirtualized guests if storage is
provided by NAS and the guest is relocated to the same subnet.

Cheers,

Cristian

--
play the game