Re: triggering dhcp from a network driver

Because you are not allowed to do so once the domU has announced the
IP it intends to use. Can we change it from dom0 Cristian?

Well, changing it from dom0 is what I would like to do, I just am not sure how to pass it domU. The initial network configuration for domU is passed as a kernel command line parameter but once the domU is up and running, some other way to change the network configuration is needed.

This is also useful for a VM that is live migrating across different
subnets and needs to be signalled in order to acquire a new network
address post migration.
Put live migration support is still immature in Xen i guess.Are you
working on improving it? :)

In fact it is quite stable for paravirtualized guests if storage is provided by NAS and the guest is relocated to the same subnet.

Cheers,

Cristian