Re: compile warning: could not find versions

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 12:52 +0530, NaGp wrote:
> >this isn't going to work; you HAVE to use the kernel-devel stuff if you
> >want things to work against the rpm kernel
> >

> Yes. You are right. It did not work. Can you tell me why? Because it is
> the same sources from which the stock kernel is built rt?

sources isn't enough. When you configure a kernel with a specific
configuration, quite a few things in the headers change (both literally
as well as via ifdefs). Unless you replicate that EXACTLY, you have an
incompatible module. The most (and just about only) reliable way to do
that just to just use the exact setup that was used during the kernel
build... and kernel-devel is that.