Re: compile warning: could not find versions

Hi,

In the meantime, I did some probe into from where that warning message is printed.

I found that "modpost" prints that message. It prints it because it tries to read the ".tmp_versions/scst_tgt.mod" file via grab_file() function, but grab_file() for some reason fails. On further investigation (through print statements), I found that it is not able to open that file(fd has a value -1). I looked at the permissions, it is ok.

I am not able to see why it is not opening that file. Any help?

--NaGp.