Re: Bigger slabs

Take a look at Alessandro Rubini's allocator module.
It's referenced in his Linux Device Drivers book
(available online somewhere). Using this module in
conjunction with the "mem" kernel parameter you can
allocate as much physically contiguous, non-paged RAM
as you want without modifying the kernel.

The only caveats are that the module does not play
well with big-mem kernels (> ~900MB RAM) and I haven't
ported/tried it on a 2.6 kernel yet.

Mike DeKoker
Signatec, Inc.

--- Leonid Podolny <leonid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>