Re: Bigger slabs

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Alexander Nyberg wrote:

Are you really sure you need 1MB of contigous space? I don't know driver
writing very well but that sounds awfully large. If it is a driver with
open source maybe you should talk to people who know their things and
present the problem, you didn't say what kind of driver it is.

No, regretfully, it's not open-source and my employers are strongly against open sourcing it, which is dumb, since they make their money from selling hardware and give away drivers for free :( The whole system just
begs to be redesigned and rewritten from scratch.