Re: Lint tool for kernel source

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:13:35PM +0000, D Qi wrote:
> I'll take it as splint tools is not suitable for the kernel/driver
> development. Is that right from your experience?

I don't know splint, but if you can't teach it kernel sources are
different from userland sources, it's not suitable. In my opinion 'gcc
-Wall' usually does a better job than lint, though some lints (lclint,
for example) can track memory allocations.

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw
Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl  mouw@nl.linux.org