Re: synflood +syncookies + conntrack strange behaviour

Hello,

Alex Flex a écrit :

> a.) Shouldnt syn cookies (which is enabled) deal with the syn flood
> without compromising my state table?

No. Syncookies and conntrack are unrelated. Syncookies are in the TCP
stack while conntrack is in netfilter.

> c.) I  tried disabling iptables all together (thus no conntrack)

Conntrack and iptables are two distinct parts of netfilter. You can have
iptables disabled and contrack enabled (not very useful though).
To disable conntrack you must not load, or unload, the conntrack kernel
modules, or use iptables' NOTRACK target on all traffic.