Re: synflood +syncookies + conntrack strange behaviour

Pablo,

Thank you for clearing that aspect! I now understand why not always do i get an error...

However the following two points still have me confused..

a.) If I enable syn cookies, shouldnt it stop completely the SYN RECV state connections in my netstat? Because i still do get them a lot. In fact my tests reveal that with or without syn cookies the maximum connections in SYN RECV always reach 256 and then no more connections are allowed.

b.) I  tried disabling iptables all together (thus no conntrack) and I
still saw 100% packetloss , iam sure iamnot hitting a  cpu or link limit
because previously i hit a 100k pps 50mbits, and now iam doing half that
for testing and still using syncookies. Why would i still be lossing
packets?

Thanks
Alex