Re: synflood +syncookies + conntrack strange behaviour

Pascal,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I made sure:

a.) conntrack is 100% disabled.
b.) iptables is enabled with a simple stateless ruleset.
c.) Syn cookies is enabled.

The issue is: In my testing Iam still being able to exaust *something* because immediately when i hit a syn flood on port 80 (medium size) I get imediate packet loss (as seen through ICMP, also i cannot ssh in the machine and unable to reach port 80.

IF i disable syncookies then: I can ping the machine fine no packetloss but I cannot reach port 80 (seems this port is the only one in packetloss)

Question: What resource can be exausted both when syncookies is enabled and disabled for this to happen?

Thanks

Alex