Re: LARTC mailing list [was: Re: prio + policing filter on ingress?]

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 12:25 +0100, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> Il 19/12/2011 10:53, Andrew Beverley ha scritto:

> >> Interesting - where's the new list please?
> >
> > Well, sort of new, it was created recently by Niccolò Belli who wanted
> > to restart the LARTC mailing list, so he started his own and added as
> > many people from the old list as he could find.
> >
> > It's had a pretty slow start, but there's been a few questions. Some
> > would rather see it hosted at vger (including me), but in all honesty
> > there didn't seem to be a huge amount of interest in restarting it at
> > all.

> > Andy
>
> I believe there is still some interest, consider there are less than 30
> members in the 'new' lartc mailing list, some of them which probably
> changed their e-mail address.
> Anyway I think we should just try to start a new one and see how well it
> goes, considering:
> - most people want to keep the actual "LARTC" name
> - most people prefer vger, so we should try there first and keep the
> personal server as a backup option

Agreed with all the above.

VGER postmasters: can we try a new LARTC list at VGER please?

> - the content in the LARTC website is under an open license, so we could
> copy-paste it and create a wiki where users can keep it updated. Same
> question here: I can host it without problems but is there a better
> suited alternative?

Transferring all the LARTC documents to a wiki would be good, as that
would allow people with their own areas of expertise to update the
relevant parts.

However, not sure where the best place to host it would be though. It
needs to be somewhere that can easily be found in place of the old lartc
website. Maybe somewhere in linuxfoundation.org? That's where most of
the other networking information seems to be.

Andy