Re: shaping vlans - revisited

Hi,

>IFB??
>
>it may be a good way out.
>Do you know any discussion list or forum for it?
>I just read a few sites and have some questions.

You could do it this way:

1) make sure ifb is modprobed and interface ifb0 is up

2) redirect outgoing traffic on each vlan interface to ifb0

tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: htb default 1
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100mbit
rc filter add dev $DEV protocol ip parent 1: prio 4 u32 \
  match ip dst 0.0.0.0/0 flowid :1 \
  action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

... where $DEV is vlanX, vlanY ...

3) Add shaping on ifb0 just like you did earlier on eth1.

Best regards,
Marek Kierdelewicz