Re: Fw: shaping vlans - revisited

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 15:29 -0200, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:46:53 +0100
> Marek Kierdelewicz <marek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >Hi All
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > >I can see the counters increase (tc -s ...) for classid 1:2345 (eth0)
> > >but they are zero for classid 2:2345 (eth1 - which the vlans are
> > >attached in)
> >
> > Are you seeing any traffic on root class on eth1?
>
> Yes I am.

Are you sure you are marking packets correctly *both* ways? Just because
they are being marked in one direction, doesn't mean that they are being
marked in the other direction.

If you add an iptables rule to LOG your traffic on that interface, then
you will be able to see the mark value.

Otherwise, if you're seeing traffic in the root class but not in the
leaf class, then that would imply that there is something wrong with the
filter.

Andy