Re: Best Kernel QoS Parameters

Lucas Willian Bocchi ha scritto:

(sorry for late reply, I was so busy)

The documentation, really, is very poor in this question.

well said!

Now, about the hardware: I have, for example: ~#~ ethtool -g eth0 Ring parameters for eth0: Pre-set maximums: RX: 4096 RX Mini: 0 RX Jumbo: 0 TX: 4096 Current hardware settings: RX: 256 RX Mini: 0 RX Jumbo: 0
 TX:             80

I have the same data here, more or less

My preocupation is: the Shaper (htb, hfsc, etc) use this parameters in your configuration?

I don't know if directly the shaper or the kernel take advantage of
them, but I can say that I tried to use a low card and the result was
so...miserable. Of course with the same programming.

The programmers have in mind that this buffer can affect the eficiency of shaper?

I think that the best ml for ask this is directly to lkml.org.

To me, it's very important the precision, because I have clients with
 1 or more MB of link and 56, 48 kbps clients too, and I need to have
 these in mind.

Sorry, but have you already tried a setup like that? Before starts I try
here, in office, my server and after seen that worked perfect with about
ten clients, I put it in production and now it's shaping perfectly about
1k htb classes!

Michele