Re: Best Kernel QoS Parameters

Lucas Willian Bocchi wrote:
> Dear Michelle

Ciao,
Lucas

(I think you forgot to include the netfilter address into the sent)

> Even when you choose your shaper, you need to use the "granularity" of
> kernel to more exact QoS.
>
> The preferences that I know is
>
> 1) Preemptible Kernel
> 2) Tickless System
> 3) 1000 HZ Kernel
>
> With these parameters on, the shaper precision is very, very increased.
> But I think that have another parameters that improve more the speed.

If you talk with hard precision in mind, I'm with you. But into a real
systems like mine, where p.e. if a user as 1Mb bw and the shaper wrong
for 1 or 2 kb, for me it's not a real problem. (admitting that the shape
wrong by a simple 1/2%)

However I didn't know the exists of those parameters... No one doc or
books that I study mentioned them. Also on this ml, if I remember
correctly, no one say to use them.
Seeing like now the default .config found on
arch/x86/configs/x86_64_defconfig anyway the 1000hz and preemptible are
already set. So I'm feeling like!
Next time I'll upgrade my kernel I'll take care to enable also the
tickless parameter!

> Un saluto a tutti italian.

You forgot the last "i" into "italiani". Italian are in English :)

> I'm italian descendent. My father was bird in Napole and bring from
> Brazil very young.

I'm a bit far from Napole, talking with Italian distances, about 1k km.
For understand, near Austria.

Michele