RE: conntrack generates UDP 'ghost traffic'

Thomas,
How 'scary' do you think it would be to set this on say: 75 seconds?

[root@pollux net ]# cat
/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established
432000
[root@pollux net ]#

And is this setting operational 'both ways' (too the masqued connection
and the internal connection)?

> Don't know much about RTP (H323?) but also check
> out the module options
>
> "modinfo nf_conntrack_h323"
>
> maybe they can help you.

Know all about RTP/RTCP/RTSP/etc.

We build H.323 applications too! :)
We even sell H.324m gateways, and build them for Tandberg (now Cisco):
http://www.triple-it.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/factsheet_gateway.pdf

It does look like that NF_CONNTRACK modules for H.323 and RTSP are still
pretty much unmaintained for Linux.

For instance:
I had to patch & build the RTSP conntrack module for our pollux, it
didn't worked out of the box.

--
Vriendelijke Groet,

Roderick