Re: Pre-routing re-write

Kevin Bailey wrote:

(sorry for late reply, I was so busy)

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 01:13:30PM +0200, Michele Petrazzo - Unipex wrote:
Sorry, but this can be possible. The gw for a network class must be
 inside the _same_ class!

The gateway of 192.168.10.2 is quite reachable from 192.168.10.1.

From your first email I didn't understand this

Where the packet starts? If you use nat + output you are saying to the kernel to do a thing when a packet are generated locally. Are you the gateway for another network (lan)? However, It's not so well explained what you want to achieve.

The packet will be originated locally. I was just asking if it was possible for a packet that got re-written to be routed beforehand.

I continue to not understand what you want to do, however, for me no.
The packet has to pass all the chains and table and cannot re-enter
inside the kernel flow

Michele