Re: Problem with IPv6 tunnel

Benedikt Gollatz a écrit :

You need to accept proto-41
packets in the PREROUTING chain to stop the connection tracker from
looking at them.

Wrong. Connection tracking happens anyway.

You'll have to tell that to the authors of the SixXS FAQ.

Maybe. I just read the FAQ entry about connection tracking, and I didn't think it was so clueless about Linux conntrack. But I'm so lazy, and SixXS puts so many requirements about how to contact them.

Anyway what David need is to allow 6in4 traffic from the tunnel endpoint. This has nothing to do with connection tracking.

Traffic passing through at first and after a certain time not being able to
pass anymore is a classic symptom of problems with connection tracking.

It less about connection tracking than about how connection tracking states are used in filtering rules. Connection tracking does not matter if you accept all traffic. So it is a mostly a filtering issue.