Re: tc and virtual interfaces

thanks for your reply,

eth0:0 is not an interface, it is an IPv4 alias on eth0. The real and only interface here is eth0.
ok, so I can't set up a queue on it, isn't it?

tun0 is an interface on its own. However, if encapsulating traffic happens to go through eth0, it will be affected by traffic shaping just as any other traffic going through eth0.
ok, and I can limit datarate on tun0 and on eth0 ? the first is applied only on vpn packets and the last on all eth0 outgoinig traffic I think...

thanks,
Fabio