Re: More ethernet port same ip address

Hi another time,

made some tries and I see that it works well with the "bridge" mode. The
only thing that I do was to to create a new bridge, remove the ip address
from the interfaces, add them to the bridge and set an ip address for
the bridge. Nothing other. With arp_proxy 1 or 0 it works in the same
manner.

The strange it's that I already tried this solution in test room, but I
remember that it didn't work. One think that forgot to say it's that
when I tried, I was using a different switch configuration (that now I
cannot reproduce): there was two different switch (with stp enabled and
configured), each one with 3 different vlan and each of the three vlans
end into one server ethernet port.
So:

pc1 <--> | vlan5 ------------- stp| <-> |stp ----------- stp| vlan 5<-> srv port 1
pc2 <--> | vlan6 -switch1-  stp| <-> |stp switch2 stp| vlan 6<-> srv port 2
pc3 <--> | vlan7 ------------- stp| <-> |stp ----------- stp| vlan 7<-> srv port 3

Here, for make the communication working, I have to setup the three
vlan(s) on the server port's, but they must have the same address.
And, with the "bridge" solution I think that I cannot.

Thanks to all,
Michele