Re: POM Xtables???

On Friday 2008-06-27 22:08, Dave wrote:

>Hi Jan,
>
>Thanks a bunch for clearing that up, looks like I'll be busy reading
>that Netfilter Module pdf you created.

It is mostly for developers or those who want to become one,
but of course you can read it nevertheless.

>I'm still confused a bit on why none of this is mentioned on
>Netfilter.org. Is the official module patch system still POM as far as
>the Netfilter guys are concerned?

The following I found by chance in a mail archive...

>From: kaber at trash.net (Patrick McHardy)
>Date: Wed Apr  5 16:03:47 2006
>Subject: Update: Patch-o-matic cleanup
>
>Removing old patches is part of a greater plan to reduce the content
>of pom to only those things the netfilter team has an interest in
>maintaining, and most of these things will be merged in not too long
>time. _All_ other patches will be removed [...] [P]eople interested
>in keeping patches around can maintain them themselves and publish
>them somewhere for others to use. This should benefit both us and
>the authors since they usually maintain their own versions of the
>patches anyway and periodically send us updates to include in pom,
>which unnecessarily cost time for everyone involved.

The action depicted was carried out in May 2006,
http://tinyurl.com/5c7lno .

I might add that I'd be happy to receive updates, additions or
new modules to Xtables-addons.
Because if you don't, I take it this project is already
flawless and perfect ;-)