Re: ip_conntrack vs. nf_conntrack

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 13:36 +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Martin a écrit :
> >
> > So I've just one question at least. If there aren't nf_conntrack_*
> > modules or aliases, does the amanda, ftp, quake3, etc. modules work just
>
> I don't understand. What "amanda, ftp, quake3, etc. modules" are you
> talking about if there "aren't nf_conntrack_* modules" ?

On ip_conntrack modules, I use to load some modules that open a second
port (ftp, quake3, and so) and make it able to mark packets as related.

Those modules were ip_conntrack_ftp, ip_conntrack_quake3 and
ip_conntrack_amanda. So, now netfilter packages and modules are in
mainstream, some names and modules have changed, and I'm searching for
the replace of those modules under the new nomenclature (nf_conntrack).

My problem comes as there are not a nf_conntrack_(ftp/quake3/amanda),
but there are nf_nat_(ftp/amanda).ko files, and wonder to know if those
file are the replace of the old ip_conntrack, or if I must install some
kind of patches or something else.

Thanks.

Martin