Re: ip_conntrack vs. nf_conntrack

Hello,

Martin a écrit :

I use to have a 2.6.18 kernel with some patches, including POM and
netfilter ones. The modules I insmod are ip_conntrack_ftp,
ip_conntrack_irc, ip_conntrack_tftp, ip_conntrack_amanda and
ip_conntrack_sip.

Asking around, have finally find that to get patches on mainstream, some
names've changed and some code have been modified ¿is that right?

nf_conntrack is layer 3-independent and works with both IPv4 and IPv6, while ip_conntrack was IPv4-only.

Anyway, there aren't nf_conntrack_amanda, nf_conntrack_irc, etc. ¿are
there available by now, or need some extra patches or something else?

Most of them were introduced in kernel 2.6.20 along with IPv4 stateful NAT. Aliases have been defined, so you can keep using the old names.