Re: Loopback security...

On 4/22/2008 3:25 PM, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:
have you tried getting a new bridge device and bridging eth0 and lo0 ??? i have never tried that, in fact never used bridge on linux. But i got this idea ..... if it works, it will probably meet your needs.

No I have not tried this. Granted, this may get traffic in to the loopback interface, it will very likely still be going to the wrong address, at least if EBTables can not NAT it.

However this still leaves a lot of things to be desired compared to DNATing traffic originally destined to the ether interface in to the loopback interface.

(Again, this is just a theoretical discussion and as such I can not readily test things at the moment.)

Grant. . . .